Tattooing is some kind of body art which involves inserting ink in the skin’s dermis layer. Some of the methods used for removing tattoos in Edmonton, AB, Canada include excision, dermabrasion, laser therapy, chemical removal, and others. The most commonly preferred method nowadays is the laser tattoo removal. Read the paragraphs below to learn how Edmonton laser tattoo removal works their magic.
Edmonton laser tattoo removal uses a machine that pulses highly concentrated lights to break the tattoo ink into small fragments. To begin with, the procedure is performed by a reputable cosmetic surgeon/dermatologist. The number of required sessions vary depending on the size and color of the tattoo. This tattoo removal method is fairly safe owing to its non-invasive nature.
The Procedure Involves the Steps Noted Below
- The eyes of the patient are covered using protective eye shields.
- The skin’s reaction to the laser beam is tested so as to determine the most effective energy.
- The hand piece is positioned against the skin’s surface and the laser light activated. Each pulse may be felt like the snapping of a rubber band against the skin.
- Smaller tattoos may need fewer pulses while larger tattoos require more. In many cases, the treatment may require multiple visits and several sessions. The tattoo should gradually get lighter during each of the sessions.
- The affected area can be soothed by applying an ice pack to it followed by a topical antibiotic cream or ointment. The treated site is protected with a bandage as well as a sunscreen.
Most patients don’t need anesthesia. Nevertheless, some removal experts may possibly prefer using a pain killer injection, topical anesthetic cream or any other kind of anesthetic at the treated site depending on the tattoo’s location and the ability of the patient to endure pain.
Generally, laser tattoo removal may last for 15 – 40 minutes and may need multiple sessions of about 4 – 8 weeks for thorough tattoo removal.
Side Effects of Laser Tattoo Removal
- Hyper-pigmentation or hypo-pigmentation of the skin.
- The treated side may appear like a sunburn for a couple of months before the skin normalizes.
- Cosmetic tattoos such eyebrows, lip liner or eye liner may darken after the treatment.
You need to follow the instructions provided to you by Edmonton Laser Tattoo Removal so as to avoid or minimize all the possible risks.
Benefits Of Laser Tattoo Removal
Some of the benefits of the Edmonton, AB, Canada laser tattoo removal company’s method include:
- The beams are only applied to the selected area.
- Has low chances of causing scars.
- It’s an effective method for removing multi-colored tattoos.
- Even though some skin color & texture changes are unavoidable, after the treatment, the skin at the treated site appears more uniform and natural.
When seeking for an effective tattoo removal company in Edmonton, make sure you choose the one who uses the method that has a lower risk of leaving a scar in the tattooed area. The results of this tattoo removal method usually depend on the method of the tattoo application, its size, location as well as the person’s ability to heal.